So now the relaxed, fun lead-up to Christmas can begin. We're having pretty much all of our friends (unless they're on stag weekends, out of the country or at concerts/weddings that were planned months ago!) over for our annual Christmas party this Saturday. My Beautiful Blonde and her hubby will be coming down from the über North (a.k.a. Scotland!) and staying with us for the weekend and I'm so glad they get to share in the festivities.
Many may think that having so many people over at this time of year is a recipe for stress but for me it's a recipe for joy. I love baking, I love cooking and I adore doing both for friends. So here's what's on the menu for a stress-free Christmas party:
- Snickerdoodles - Hummingbird Bakery yumminess, which I made last night
- Piped cheesy mashed potato Christmas trees - adapting this recipe to give it more flavour!
- Cheese and pineapple sticks
- Prosciutto cups, pear and cream cheese - adapting this recipe so that it doesn't burn and isn't too salty. I'll make the prosciutto cups the night before and fill them on the day
- Mince pies - I'll admit, these will be store bought (ssh!)
- S'mores cupcakes - more Hummingbird Bakery deliciousness: biscuits, marshmallow and chocolate in a cupcake!! I'll make these the night before
- Cheese board with crackers and cranberry sauce
- Salmon and cream cheese on rye bread
- Brie and chutney on rye bread
- Bacon wrapped potatoes
- Chocolate truffles - again these will be store bought because although truffles are super easy to make, there's just something meltworthy about Monty Bojangles cocoa dusted truffles...
- Chocolate house - courtesy of the Lakeland fairytale cottage!
And the biggest joy? Everything except the store bought mince pies will be wheat-free so I can eat everything too!